By Appointment Only
- Weekend and evening appointments are available.
- Start to finish groom; most dogs finished in 2-3 hours. Expect longer service times for larger breeds and during holiday months (April, July, Nov. & Dec)
- Minimal kenneling/crating after the groom; you are called 15 minutes before your dog is finished so they can go right home to you.
- Dogs are dried by hand with the forced air blow dryers.
- Scrubbers features all inclusive pricing. All grooms include premium soap-free shampoo, conditioner, nail trimming, ear cleaning, pet cologne/perfume spritz, bandanna/bows and any special treatments (Neem/Oxy-med/Etc.) necessary for skin problems (dandruff, hotspots, dermatitis, fungus, etc.)
- Nail grinding & anal gland expression included in grooming upon request only.
- Please give at least 24 hours notice of a cancellation or rescheduling so we can accommodate other customers. Same day cancellations or NO SHOWS are subject to a $25 cancellation fee applied to the next groom.
MEET OUR GROOMERS
Our team is ready to provide your furry friends with over 75 years in pet grooming experience!
Nikki Budaj-Chatfield (OWNER) – Grooming since 2009.
I graduated from Western Michigan University with Bachelors in Business Administration. I fostered dogs for three years while in college, and started grooming my personal and foster dogs. After college, I realized animals were my passion and found a job that trained me how to groom. Within a month, I became a top groomer for that company. In 2012 I bought Scrubbers in Royal Oak, and took the grooming side of the business to a place it had never been. Quality, precision and care are how we maintain our great reputation, and the ability to deliver exactly what our customers expect. I own and run Scrubbers (with my husband, Jim), and have also handpicked our grooming staff; making sure everyone is held to the high grooming standards that I am used to producing. Some of my groomers include ones that I worked with at my previous job. I specialize in all breed cuts, puppy cuts, shavedowns, hand scissoring, hand stripping, and cats. I am a master nail trimmer and have been known to customers as “the nail whisperer”.
Crystal Goldsmith (Grooming Manager, all locations) – Grooming since 1998.
Crystal started grooming her family and neighborhood pets at an early age. She “officially” began her grooming career at the age of 17. She has been grooming steadily since then. She has worked in shops all over Michigan and trained with some very talented groomers across the country. She specializes in all breed cuts, but her main passions are Poodles and poodle mixes. She also has been trained in the art of “creative dog dyeing”. She has taught many others how to groom dogs including the owner of SCRUBBERS Nikki Budaj.
Shelly Gordanier – Grooming since 2000.
Shelly started grooming pets at an early age at the grooming and boarding facility owned by her family . She has worked in shops all over the U.S. before finding her way back to Michigan. She specializes in all breed cuts, but her main passions are Doodles and “rock star” cuts .
Jayme Herr – Grooming since 1990
Jayme started grooming at the age of 8 when she was tall enough to reach the tubs at her moms shop in Phoenix, Arizona. She has groomed everything from show dogs to mixed breeds, from Arizona to Michigan. She specializes is breed cuts, mixed breed makeovers and cats.
Brooke Howarth – Grooming since 2007
Brooke has always loved animals and started grooming the neighborhood pets as a kid. She started professional grooming in 2007. She handles all breed cuts and loves the scissor work required to make your dog look amazing!
Jazmine Mancebo – Grooming since 2008
Jazmine has been a wonderful addition to Scrubbers. She started professional grooming in 2010. She handles all breed cuts and has amazing technique with her thinning shears that produce outstanding results on Pomeranian’s & Golden Retrievers (her favorite groom).
Jo Guenther – grooming since 2002.
Jo started professional grooming in 2002. She handles small breed cuts and customers just love her!