Q. Can I bring more than one dog?
A. Yes. One dog goes in the tub and we have secure attachments by each tub for your other dog to hang out by your side awaiting their turn! We offer an automatic discount of $2.00 if you use the same tub for more than one dog. For safety and courtesy, if you are not able to control multiple dogs by yourself, please bring an additional person with you to help.
Q. Can I bring my own shampoo and tools?
A. Absolutely. We carry a variety of professional grade specialty shampoos, conditioners, rinses and medicated treatments but you are more than welcome to bring your own. We are an ideal facility for medicated baths that your Veterinarian may recommend. We strongly recommend you always bathe your pet with a product specifically made for them and not for humans.
*We do NOT allow customers to bring in their own flea shampoo. Due to our specific cleanliness and policies, a flea dog MUST use our shampoo.
Q. How long will it take? How much time do I get?
A. That all depends on your dog (size, coat, attitude, and health) and you. Most dogs can be done in an hour or less for a bath and blow dry. Using a conditioner/cream rinse, the “Oxy-Med treatment”, or the “De-shed solution” will require extra time for application, tool work, and rinsing. We do not have a time limit for the tubs. Blow drying is charged in 15 minute intervals.
Q. Do you take reservations?
A. No, all self-serve tubs are on a first come, first serve basis. We generally have no waiting for a self-serve tub on weekdays. Scrubbers is busier on weekends, and there is a chance you’ll have to wait for a tub, but it is usually only 5-10 minute wait.
Q. How often can or should I bathe my pet?
A. Again, that all depends on your dog’s breed, their individual skin sensitivity, and the product you are using to cleanse. A general rule of thumb is every 4-8 weeks and only use products meant for pets. Our professional line of shampoos are specifically designed for frequent washing. They are soap free, and Ph balanced for your pet’s skin and will not irritate or dry. To add moisture, consider using our Oatmeal shampoo and/or follow up your wash with one of our powerful moisturizing rinses. Our house shampoo (and other specialty shampoos) will not impact Spot-on Flea & Tick products.
Q. Is your facility safe and clean?
A. Absolutely! CLEANING IS OUR MAIN BUSINESS! We are constantly sanitizing, washing, wiping, mopping, and vacuuming. Our facility was designed and constructed with the right materials for maintenance, durability, ease of use, safety and FUN!
WASHING TIPSMAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VISIT:
- If your pet is “high energy”, try to release it before coming in. A good long walk, run, or some other form of vigorous exercise before arriving will help. Two or more people for the bath may be helpful and way more fun!!!
- Make sure your pet has relieved themselves before getting in the car. Ooh, that warm water feels nice but the sudden urge to pee can spoil all the fun. Pet waste bags are available at the front door.
- Setting up the coat leads to great end results. Before you arrive, brush your pet thoroughly to loosen any dead fur, mats, or tangles. De-matting/detangling sprays and tools are available for use at the shop for the really tough ones. Water and bathing will only tighten the mats and set them in deeper.
- Waterproof aprons are supplied but you may still get a little wet. Short sleeves are recommended. The floor gets wet – appropriate shoes are waterproof and have non-slip soles.
- Bath time is a great time to brush your dog’s teeth. Pack a dog appropriate toothbrush and toothpaste, OR they are available for purchase at the desk or we can do that service for you.
- Bath time and forced-air blow drying are both ideal for giving your pet the “once-over”. Examine your pet for unusual lumps, bumps, growths, and ticks.
- (We can’t think of anything more fun but) only you know the attention span of your children and grooming the dog may not be for everyone and every age. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Cameras and video are welcome and encouraged. Hollywood (well, YouTube) here I come! It’s really too bad they can’t capture that wet dog smell.
- Did someone say COOKIE? Bring your own treats to motivate, reward, and delight your pet. But why bother –our healthy, natural, organic, grain free, and locally owned and made cookies from Healthy Dogma are FREE!